"Tree-lined streets and waterfront vistas give this city a distinctly suburban feel."
— Walter Burns
West New YorkLifestyleWest New York, New Jersey is located in the New Jersey Palisades along the Hudson River and considered a part of the New York metropolitan area. West New York is also situated at the highest elevation point in all of Hudson County, and views of the waterfront, downtown, and New York City are some of the most breathtaking around.
- If you enjoy shopping, then relocating to West New York is perfect for you. Not only does the West New York community host a wide range of shopping and dining experiences, from affordable, handmade, and trendy to unique, upscale, and scrumptious, but with the close proximity and quick access to New York City, you have an entire world of choices at your fingertips.
- Bergenline Avenue is the main route to numerous parades reflecting the numerous cultures that make up the diverse residents. There is an Italian Parade, a Cuban Parade, a Scottish and Irish Parade, and many many more that share traditional songs, dances, crafts and foods for parade goers to enjoy in a family friendly atmosphere. It's a great experience to enjoy!
- Population in 2012: 51,464 (100% urban, 0% rural)
- Population change since 2000: +12.4%
- Males: 25,867 (50.3%)
- Females: 25,597 (49.7%)
- Median resident age: 34.8 years
- New Jersey median age: 41.5 years
- West New York zip codes: 07093
- Estimated median household income in 2012: $45,415 (it was $31,980 in 2000)
- West New York: $45,415
- New Jersey: $69,667
Walter's Top West New York Picks
BBQ + Brazilian = Amazing. There’s no beating that math. Especially when it’s prepared like with this type of flavor.
Urban and trendy aren’t just words in this boutique, they’re a way of life. Let them transform you from the trend follower to the trend setter
Yolanda's Academy of Music & Dance
For over 30 years Yolanda has been the best around at teaching the arts of music and dance. She can help your “inner Broadway” shine.