"Dramatic views of the Hudson and Manhattan abound. What more could you ask for in a community?"
— Walter Burns
Edgewater LifestyleSituated along the majestic Hudson River, Edgewater is host to beautiful waterfront views hugged on the western side by the dramatic Palisades Cliffs. Located just north of North Bergen, Edgewater is a breathtaking vista with year round recreational entertainment, fine dining, upscale shopping, and wonderful schools. If this sounds like the kind of home you've been seeking, then now is the time to start your Edgewater home search.
- The Edgewater community offers recreational opportunities and plenty of space for whatever sports or activities you enjoy. A large community center and American Legion Post 116 host many year round community events, from school fund raisers to charity balls. Your family will also enjoy the Veterans' Field, which provides indoor and outdoor basketball courts, three softball fields, a 1/3 mile-long track which accommodates runners, walkers and skaters; tennis courts, a Little League field and a playground.
- The River Walk is a popular promenade along the Hudson and is part of the Hudson River Waterfront Walkway. The River Walk is the perfect place to enjoy the lovely Hudson River with amazing views of Manhattan. Meanwhile, Edgewater is home to a free-flying colony of Monk Parakeets, also known as Quaker Parrots. They are small, green parrots that have lived in Edgewater since 1980 and at last count (in 2008) were numbered at 230 in the flock. It's a great sight to see if you're ever in the area.
- Population in 2012: 11,972 (100% urban, 0% rural)
- Population change since 2000: +55.9%
- Males: 5,631 (47%)
- Females: 6,341 (53%)
- Median resident age: 37.2 years
- New Jersey median age: 41.5 years
- Edgewater zip codes: 07020
- Estimated median household income in 2012: $101,881 (it was $63,455 in 2000)
- Edgewater: $101,881
- New Jersey: $69,667