"Jersey City is an excellent place to live. Phenomenal restaurants, rich history, ample transit — need I say more?"
— Walter Burns
Jersey City LifestyleLocated along the Hudson River and close to New York City, Jersey City, NJ is an area that has it all-landmark attractions, action-packed nightlife, and close-knit communities. There is a wide variety of neighborhoods to choose for your Jersey City real estate location. When you move to Jersey City, you not only get a wide range of lifestyles and luxury condos, but you will also be moving to one of the most diverse populations in the country. Do you need more reasons to begin your search for Jersey City condos for sale? Keep reading...
- Jersey City is home to substantial communities of Jewish, Cuban, Italian, Polish, Indian, Irish, Polish, Puerto Rican, Dominican, African, Arab and Asian ancestry. Jersey City is also home to the historic Ellis Island, so it is not surprising that Jersey City is well known for her diversity. By moving to Jersey City, you open the door to many attractions, events, and culture, all within minutes of your luxury New Jersey property. For everyone that loves history and the arts, a few of the places you can enjoy are Apple Tree House, Jersey City Museum and Barrow Mansion.
- For anyone loving the great outdoors, Jersey City has 60 beautiful parks that offer everything from biking, walking, running, playing, flying kites, picnic tables, playing sports, sport teams, fishing, crabbing, and sightseeing along the Hudson River Walkway. The largest park, Liberty State Park, is a sanctuary for a variety of birds, and is a significant migratory and nesting stop for many, including the Great Snowy Owl. Some of the parks have historical battle markers or offer the perfect path for viewing some of Jersey Cityes amazing historic architectural buildings. Date Nights in Jersey City are a must.
- Population in 2012: 254,441 (100% urban, 0% rural)
- Population change since 2000: +6%
- Males: 125,418 (49.3%)
- Females: 129,023 (50.7%)
- Median resident age: 33.1 years
- New Jersey median age: 41.5 years
- Jersey City zip codes: 07087, 07302, 07304, 07305, 07306, 07307, 07310, 07311
- Estimated median household income in 2012: $56,794 (it was $37,862 in 2000)
- Jersey City: $56,794
- New Jersey: $69,667