"Weehawken's location couldn't be finer. Ferries, highways, light rails — transit is abundant in this waterfront community."
— Walter Burns
Weehawken LifestyleLocated along the beautiful shores of the Hudson River, right across from Midtown Manhattan, and bordering the southern end of the New Jersey Palisades, Weehawken, NJ is one of the few places in the world were you can truly be suburban and urban at the same time. Weehawken homes for sale hold a suburban, old style feel with historic buildings, communities and small town type neighborhood events; however, being only a stone's throw from New York City gives Weehawken real estate residents access to the most modern and upscale amenities, shopping, entertainment, and lifestyle.
- The retail area of Weehawken is mostly located on Park Avenue. There is a great business climate, with many large office, business, condo and townhouse developments featuring great architecture and stunning views of the Hudson River.
- Boulevard East is the heart of Weekhawken, where you will find fine dining and date night entertainment, all offering sweeping vistas of the Manhattan skyline and the Hudson River. It's a great place to spend your free time.
- Population in 2012: 13,501 (100% urban, 0% rural)
- Males: 6,582 (48.8%)
- Females: 6,919 (51.2%)
- Median resident age: 35.4 years
- New Jersey median age: 41.5 years
- Weehawken zip codes: 07086
- Estimated median household income in 2009: $70,691 (it was $50,196 in 1999)
- Hoboken: $70,691
- New Jersey: $69,667