"Booming commercial developments and tranquil natural scenery strike the perfect balance. North Bergen is an unforgettable place to live."
— Walter Burns
North Bergen LifestyleLocated in the northern most area of New Jersey and offering waterfront entertainment, real estate and events, North Bergen is an area you will be proud to call home. Hard work ethic, family focused, and a growing business sector make North Bergen homes for sale perfect for your family.The close location to New York City, along with the wide range of transportation options in North Bergen makes commuting easy and quick.
- Unlike other areas of New Jersey, North Bergen is home to many unusual geological formations, including a large landmark of serpentine rock. The unusual rock formations also create many hills, and North Bergen has the second most hills per square mile, right after San Francisco. The many hills and fields have led to the creation of many area parks and recreation facilities, as well as a wide assortment of real estate options.
- Education is important to the residents of North Bergen area, and North Bergen School District has a high record of graduating students continuing on to higher education. The North Bergen School District serves students from kindergarten through twelfth grade and include: Robert Fulton School, Franklin School, John F. Kennedy School, Lincoln School, Horace Mann School, McKinley School, and North Bergen High School.
- Population in 2012: 58,092 (100% urban, 0% rural)
- Males: 27,758 (47.8%)
- Females: 30,334 (52.2%)
- Median resident age: 36.7 years
- New Jersey median age: 41.5 years
- North Bergen zip codes: 07047
- Estimated median household income in 2009: $57,520 (it was $40,844 in 1999)
- Hoboken: $57,520
- New Jersey: $69,667